Published 31 July 2023
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Plenary Americas is a leading specialized developer of long-term Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 59 projects and more than $23 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why Work for Plenary Americas?
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, ranked as a Best Place to Work in Canada and certified as a Great Place to Work in both the US and Canada, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Together, we bring infrastructure to life.
Are you a self-starter aiming for flawless execution of accounting practices? If so, this role may be for you! We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Vancouver team. In this role, you will work closely with numerous stakeholders to prepare financial statements and focus on financial reporting for complex Canadian and US projects. In addition, you will have significant learning opportunities to pursue your professional growth and learn about a unique industry.
If this sounds challenging and exciting, check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Senior Financial Accountant position:
- Work closely with the CFO, Finance Senior Management, and the Operations team.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements under IFRS and other reporting obligations for Project companies.
- Reviewing and interpreting Project Agreements.
- Monitoring project cash flows, preparing monthly journal entries and reconciling Project results to Financial Model.
- Assisting in budget preparation, cash flow forecasting, treasury management and financial modelling.
- Monitoring and managing the accounting process to ensure compliance with IFRS and internal controls. Completing account reconciliation and analyses.
- Preparing year end audit working papers, financial statements, and notes to the financial statements and coordinating annual audit of Project companies with external auditors.
- Responding and coordinating responses for financial queries from internal groups and external stakeholders. Liaising with key equity and business partners.
- Preparing periodic board reports and eventually presenting at board meetings.
- Preparing and filing sales tax returns and other regulatory reports and returns.
- Maintaining accounting policies, procedures and related documents.
- Coaching and mentoring Junior Financial Accountants.
- Supporting process implementation and streamlining to improve operating quality.
- Supporting management in other areas as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, specifically in an Accounting discipline.
- CPA designation required.
- 5+ years of working experience in an Accounting role with preferably 1-2 years in a Senior Financial Accountant capacity.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is particularly an asset.
- Ability to interpret complex legal and financial agreements/documents.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically strong Excel modeling skills.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks’ vacation.
- Long-term development opportunities and ability to be part of an exciting and growing industry.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Plenary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and employment decisions are based on merit and business needs only. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.