Published 31 July 2023
Location: Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Tampa, FL, USA
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 59 projects and more than $23 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why Work for Plenary?
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, ranked as a Best Place to Work in Canada and certified as a Great Place to Work in both the US and Canada, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Together, we bring infrastructure to life.
The successful candidate for this Project Manager (Civil) role will work from one of Plenary’s office locations in Los Angeles, Denver or Tampa.
During the pursuit, development, or pre-development agreement phases of any projects assigned, you must:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all procurement documents or pre-developments agreements from Owner, as well as any associated teaming agreements, partner responsibilities, and any associated budgets.
- Provide technical support to the Plenary commercial/financial team (Project Structuring & Investment Group – PSI) on all pursuit and development considerations, including preliminary technical designs, decisions, pricing, scheduling, and overall project management of these technical aspects.
- Review any project documentation or pricing from construction or technology provider partners. Draft and write technical sections of proposals and reports.
- Coordinate to ensure a smooth transition from the pursuit/development phase of a project to the construction phase of a project.
- Take responsibility for helping ensure close working relationships are established and maintained between all technical team partners and that the technical decisions and approaches are coordinated among parties.
- Convey to clients / stakeholders your P3 and/or civil construction management experience to give them confidence that you fully comprehend the operating structure and procedures as they pertain to the requirements of the Project Agreement and Output Specifications.
During the construction phase of any projects assigned, you must:
- Ensure that Plenary Americas successfully manages its obligations, meets its project commitments, mitigates risk and successfully implements its proposed bid solutions for our civil infrastructure projects across the North American market;
- Implement a Project Management system framework that complies with Plenary requirements and the Project Agreement for the projects you are assigned;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Project Agreement and related sub agreements (e.g., Services and Construction contracts, etc.), develop an inventory of Construction and Operations deliverables for Plenary and its partners, and implement a system to manage the timely delivery of obligations;
- Review project documentation submitted by Construction and Service Partners (e.g. Policies and Procedures Manuals, Transition Reports, etc.);
- Coordinate to ensure that a seamless transition of service delivery takes place between completion of the construction phase and commencement of the operations phase;
- Take responsibility for ensuring that close working relationships are established between all parties during both the construction and operations phases and that there is effective service integration between the service providers and the client;
- Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports regarding any design and construction, operations, and asset performance information required for distribution to the relevant Boards and ensure compliance with related Management Services Agreements.
- Post-secondary (B.S.) education in Engineering, Construction, or Construction Management.
- 6-10+ years of working experience in a civil infrastructure construction or similar field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with various priorities with competing timelines.
- Works independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various specialties – designers, contractors, financial staff, commercial, and public owners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary [$85k-130k] plus annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks’ vacation.
- Long-term development opportunities and ability to be part of an exciting and growing industry.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Plenary Americas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and employment decisions are based on merit and business needs only. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.