Published 27 June 2023
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 59 projects and more than $23 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why Work for Plenary?
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, ranked as a Best Place to Work in Canada and certified as a Great Place to Work in both the US and Canada, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Together, we bring infrastructure to life.
During the construction phase of projects assigned, have responsibility to:
- Implement a Project Management system framework that complies with Plenary requirements and the Project Agreement for the projects you are assigned;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Project Agreement and related sub-agreements (e.g. Services and Construction contracts, etc.) and develop an inventory of Construction and Operations deliverables for Plenary and its partners.
- Implement a system to manage the timely delivery of obligations;
- Attend and participate in all design and construction meetings to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and efficient communications between all Project parties;
- Review and provide feedback on project documentation submitted by Construction and Service Partners (e.g. Policies and Procedures Manuals, Transition Reports, etc.);
- Coordinate with Plenary Delivery reps, ensuring that a seamless transition of service delivery takes place between completion of the construction phase and commencement of the operations phase;
- Ensure that close working relationships are established between all parties during both the construction and operations phases and that there is effective service integration between the service providers and the client; and
- Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports regarding any design and construction, operations, and asset performance information required for distribution to the Plenary Boards for the relevant project and ensure compliance with related Management Services Agreements.
During the operations phase of the projects assigned, have day-to-day responsibility to:
- Manage the Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation budgets to ensure optimal financial outcomes are achieved;
- Oversee annual forecasts for reviewable services provided by service providers to ensure any financial risks to Plenary are managed;
- Ensure that Plenary and its subcontractors meet all of their service requirements detailed in the Project Agreement;
- Manage all aspects of the transition from the existing phases to new phases of the project;
- Continuously monitor and assess all Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation aspects to ensure they are meeting the service specifications as defined in the OMR technical specifications;
- Regularly monitor Plenary’s operating budget to ensure effective budget management controls are in place;
- Review service partners’ service delivery budgets to ensure the budget process outlined in the relevant Management Services Agreements is strictly complied with;
- Ensure Plenary complies with its obligations in the Services Agreements with service partners;
- Implement communication and relationship management plans relating to all stakeholders;
- Develop and implement Plenary’s Quality, Safety and Environmental management systems;
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of the annual business plan;
- Prepare and present regular monthly and quarterly operations and asset performance reports for distribution to the Plenary Boards for the relevant project and ensure compliance with related Management Services Agreements;
- Monitor and review client and stakeholder satisfaction;
- Oversee administration Plenary’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), if applicable; and
- Support Senior Management in all other areas as required.
In addition, your general day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide effective and professional project management to successfully complete and to ensure that all project commitments, contracted milestones and deliverables are met. The role runs from the bid phase through the complete design-build delivery lifecycle to operational handover.
Procurement Management Support:
Assist in directing, controlling and managing consultants and contractors to coordinate their input into project proposals in a timely manner and ensure that there is innovative and cost effective quality content and a full and complete submission. This involves extensive communication with all consultants and advisors and regular review of the progress of their work to ensure that the optimal winning solution is developed and that the solution is accurately reflected in the bid.
Cost Management and Budget Control:
Manage and coordinate the preparation of project risk registers and budgets to ensure that costs are accurately identified for project proposals, and support the project team in negotiation up to financial close. Then, manage within these parameters during the management and the delivery phase of the construction.
Project manage all deliverables and milestones including management and tracking of risks throughout the project lifecycle from the initial opportunity identification through to construction and operational handover. Ensure accurate project reporting to Plenary Group management.
Quality and Standards:
Ensure that Plenary’s quality and standards are maintained in terms of proposal, contract and project documentation.
Support the Project Leader in all aspects of the acceptance reviews of contractor’s works and preparation for operational handover, including ensuring that all necessary client documentation is complete and accurate.
- Post-secondary education preferably in engineering, business/commerce or construction management
- 5+ years of working experience in project coordination and/or management – specifically within construction or facility management would be an asset
- A professional attitude to successfully deliver major capital works
- A solid knowledge of the property, construction and engineering industries
- An understanding of contract law and demonstrated contract management experience
- Skills in cost planning and cost control of major capital projects
- Sound project management and documentation control skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate in English and French is an asset
- Effectively manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity under tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity
- Work positively within a cohesive team to achieve the common goal of project completion
- Strong initiative, enthusiasm, drive and commitment with acceptance of the requirement for extended work hours
- P3/PPP project experience is an asset
- Experience using Sharepoint and a scheduling or project management software would be an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and RRSP plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks’ vacation.
- Long-term development opportunities and the ability to be part of an exciting and growing industry
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Plenary Americas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and employment decisions are based on merit and business needs only. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.